Riding in the Rain

The other day, Josh and I rented one of our mopeds to a friend for a video shoot.  A pretty cool set prop if you ask me!  Here's the story of an unexpected fun adventure :

I delivered the bike early in the morning for the crew to use and waited for a call later in the day to pick it up.  The end of the day rolled around and still no word.  Their shooting day lasted a bit longer than they expected, but it was no concern for me!  After I was finished working, I rode the second moped up to the set to meet Josh, planning ahead so that the both of us could ride the mopeds home.  By the time we got to their set, the shoot was still not yet wrapped.  Josh and I wasted some time grabbing a drink at a bar near the set - happend upon a trivial night which was a lot of fun - and finally their shoot was complete.

We picked up the rented bike and hopped on our mopeds to head home.  As soon as we got on the road home, it started pouring.  I'm talking buckets of rain, thunder, and lightning!  We had a few miles to ride in the rain before arriving at home - and we got drenched.  It was invigorating!  The rain was pounding against my face, chest, and legs as I rode 25mph through the storm.  Blinking as quick as I could to keep clear vision, I couldn't help but to feel every bump on the road, every drop of rain, every sensation possible throughout the entirety of the ride.

We made it home safe and sound and soaked to the core, but it was one of the best rides on the bikes so far!  It wasn't the easiest ride home, and I wouldn't necessarily ask for it again, but I am happy to have had that experience.

A kick in the senses was very much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment